I am linking up with Amanda at Teaching Maddeness via Inspired Classroom to share my school year resolutions. I will be the first to admit that, although I don't verbalize my resolutions. . . deep in the recesses of my brain, they're floating around! LOL
So here are my school year resolutions:
- Keep up with this blog. My goal is to write at least once a week during school (aiming for 2x). I think that it's a reasonable goal and if I find time to write more . . . bonus! Resolution #1 meshes well with #2 which is:
- Take more pictures! I am sooo bad for taking pictures . . . not just at school, but anywhere and everywhere. I think it stems from when you used to have to get film 'developed', which got costly so you were picky about what pictures you did take. Now that I have my iPhone, I have no excuse for not taking pictures.
- Keep my classroom Clutter-Free! I hate clutter, but it inevitably weasels its way into the class and then it's always there, niggling at me. Because I only work 1/2 time in my classroom, I don't have as much time to spend organizing the clutter. My motto for this year is: "A place for everything, and everything in its place".
- Keep my desk tidy (inside & out!). I have discovered that I am a stacker and not a filer. :( It doesn't really work with my new motto, so I am going to have to be very vigilant in NOT stacking things on or in my desk. I'm compromising on this one by having a basket on my desk, where I will put stuff that needs to be filed and then once a week, actually go through the basket and file! . . . we'll see how that one goes.
- And last, but certainly not least, I'd like to do a better job of touching base with parents on a more regular basis. This becomes especially important when you work part time, like me, and parents can't get in to see you on the days you work. I have a confession to make . . . I
hatedislike phoning parents (not sure why, but I don't like having to phone. . . period). I'd much rather talk to them in person or send them a quick email or text message.
so there they are and now that I've written them down and they're floating around in cyberspace, I guess I'll have to keep them! LOL