Monday, September 3, 2012

Meet the Teacher: Open House Week Linky

 
 
Open House Week
I am linking up with Thinking of Teaching's Open House Week. Hard to believe that tomorrow is the first day of school!? Where did the summer go?? This will be my seventh year at the same school and my seventeenth (OMG!) year teaching...wow, where DID the time go??

This year I have a grade 3/4 combined class.  At the end of June it was a 50/50 split, but over the summer, our school had quite a few new registrations, so it looks like my class will be more of a 60/40 split with more grade 3's.

I am really looking forward to this year, more so than in the past.  Upon reflection, I think there are a number of reasons for this.  First, I'm implementing Daily 5/CAFE this year and am SUPER-excited about that!  Secondly, I got a SMARTboard installed in my class and am SUPER-excited about that too!   And lastly, but probably the main reason why I am so psyched about this year is due to all of you, my Blogger friends! TRULY... blogging has been the BEST professional development I could do.  I have been inspired, energized,  and encouraged by all the wonderful educator/bloggers out there...and have come away with so many wonderful ideas and resources.

So...here's to a terrific, teaching year, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Monica,
    I'm glad you linked up and while I wish I could claim that Open House Week was my idea...it's actually through Teaching Blog Addict!
    Beth
    Thinking of Teaching

    ReplyDelete