Friday, August 31, 2012

I Heart Scholastic Book Club



I just finished looking at the September Lucky, Click, and Reading @ Home offerings from the Scholastic Student/Teacher Flyers <drool> !I would have to say that Scholastic rates right up there with Staples, Dollar Stores, WalMart, Really Good Stuff, and Oriental Trading Company in the teacher-candy-store department. LOL  I was a little put out though, because they seemed to have reduced the number of flyers in each bundle to 24 (the exact number of students I have) leaving no EXTRAS for me to circle all my if I could buy whatever I wanted book choices!  So now, I have to wait until next week to scrounge up an extra flyer for myself...DENIED!!

If you've been following my blog, you've probably realized that I have a 'thing' for books.  I've often said that if I wasn't a teacher, I'd be either a librarian or own a bookstore.  I like the Scholastic Book clubs for two reasons:
  1. It's an avenue for students/parents to access books at a decent price...I love their $1.99 book offerings
  2. As a teacher, you get bonus coupons to spend at Scholastic (which essentially means you get FREE stuff)
I spend my bonus coupons usually in two ways:
  1. I buy books through Scholastic (using my coupons) so that every student will get a book to take home at the end of the school year.
  2. I buy classroom supplies (desk name plates, theme pencils, birthday stuff, bookmarks) for the start of the following school year and usually one or two new resources...and maybe a couple of books to add to the library. :)
If you don't think it's worth the effort to do it...think again!  This past year, I bought books for 22 students and managed to accumulate $200 in bonus coupons by the end of the year.

I LOVE Scholastic!  Do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment