Monday, July 23, 2012

Kiss First Day Jitters...Goodbye! Linky Party




I am linking up with Mrs. Saunders' Lovelies for the Kiss First Day Jitters. . . Goodbye! Linky Party.  A most relevant topic as we start heading back to school or think about heading back to school.  Having been a teacher for the past 17 years, I don't really get first day jitters but that is partially mostly due to the fact that I have learned to plan and overplan exactly what I will be teaching for the first few days (and teaching procedures figures prominently!)

Having said that, I remember, quite vividly, the first couple several years, having 'teaching' nightmares a couple of days before school started.  You know. . . the ones where you come to school . . . . LATE,  and have nothing prepared or forgot what you were teaching, or the kids don't listen to you. . . AT ALL, or, my personal 'favourite'. . . you lose a student! I'm sure you can all relate! LOL  Phew!. . . thank goodness, I don't do THAT anymore!

So here are some of the most important procedures (although they're ALL important) I teach that first day:
  • morning routine
  • quieting the class 
  • hand signals
  • recess and lunch dismissal
  • end of day routine
  • lining up
I wrote about classroom procedures a few posts ago and am posting a link to the document I created here.  Check it out if you get a chance. :)

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for linking up!! You have some great procedures...I'm sure one day I will lose the first day jitters. Every year it is just so exciting and new, it seems:) Thanks again and I'm your newest follower!
    -Abby
    Mrs. Saunders' Lovelies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abby . . . I don't think they ever really go away. . . if they did, I think I'd be worried! LOL

      Delete
  2. I still have those dreams every year, 3 years in, so I'm glad to hear they go away! I am giving you the One Lovely Blog Award! Stop by to pick it up!

    Mrs. T
    Teaching Mrs.T

    ReplyDelete