Thursday, July 26, 2012

Teaching Notebook

Do you have a book where you jot down anything and everything to do with teaching?  For the past few years, I have been using a spiral bound notebook where I keep pretty much anything to do with my classroom.  I know I should probably move into the 21st century and start using a program like Evernote (which I have on my laptop AND iPhone) but. . .  I don't know  . . . there's just something about writing in a notebook that appeals to me.

Last week, I was at WalMart and picked up my new teaching notebook.  It's a far cry from my previous year's book which looked like this:

and had scribbles and messy writing like this:



This is my lovely new notebook
The only problem is . . . my new notebook is so lovely I'm afraid to write in it and mess it up! LOL.  Definitely have to get over that.
You'll notice I've got an entire section devoted to "TO DO"
Actually, one of the things I AM going to try this year (thank you to Clutter Free Classroom for the idea) is to stick the many post it notes I jot things down on INTO my notebook.  Maybe I should have a section (there are 3) just for for my Post-It Notes? . . . hmmm??

What are some of the ways you keep track of your thinking, to do lists, classroom shopping lists, lesson plan ideas, unit ideas...???

2 comments:

  1. haha! I am totally the person that would hesitate to write in a notebook because it's so pretty!

    One thing I've been using lately to keep track of lists and ideas is just the notepad feature on my iPhone and iPad. I like that it's free, it updates to my other iDevices automatically, and I can e-mail it to myself (or someone else) if I need to.

    My husband and I also use the Cozi app to keep track of both of our schedules, grocery lists, and to-do lists. It's a phenomenal little app that is also FREE!

    I've heard Evernote is FANTASTIC for keeping track of all that stuff, but for whatever reason, I just can't get into it. Maybe I'll try again later. :)

    ~Mrs. K. from The Teacher Garden Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your idea of putting Post Its in your notebook...I always seem to a have a Post-It pile at home in my office. I keep track of ideas not only on Post-Its but on legal pads for some reason. Right now I have white,yellow and purple. Of course on all of them there are ideas and plans galore.....maybe I will just break down and by a nice notebook like you! lol...and putting everything in one. Oh to be organized! :)

    ReplyDelete