Monday, July 30, 2012

New {School} Year Resolutions link up!





I am linking up with Amanda at Teaching Maddeness via Inspired Classroom to share my school year resolutions.  I will be the first to admit that, although I don't verbalize my resolutions. . . deep in the recesses of my brain, they're floating around! LOL

So here are my school year resolutions:

  1. Keep up with this blog.  My goal is to write at least once a week during school (aiming for 2x).  I think that it's a reasonable goal and if I find time to write more . . . bonus!  Resolution #1 meshes well with #2 which is:
  2. Take more pictures!  I am sooo bad for taking pictures . . . not just at school, but anywhere and everywhere.  I think it stems from when you used to have to get film 'developed', which got costly so you were picky about what pictures you did take.  Now that I have my iPhone, I have no excuse for not taking pictures.
  3. Keep my classroom Clutter-Free!  I hate clutter, but it inevitably weasels its way into the class and then it's always there, niggling at me.  Because I only work 1/2 time in my classroom, I don't have as much time to spend organizing the clutter.  My motto for this year is:  "A place for everything, and everything in its place". 
  4. Keep my desk tidy (inside & out!).  I have discovered that I am a stacker and not a filer. :(  It doesn't really work with my new motto, so I am going to have to be very vigilant in NOT stacking things on or in my desk.  I'm compromising on this one by having a basket on my desk, where I will put stuff that needs to be filed and then once a week, actually go through the basket and file! . . . we'll see how that one goes.
  5. And last, but certainly not least, I'd like to do a better job of touching base with parents on a more regular basis.  This becomes especially important when you work part time, like me, and parents can't get in to see you on the days you work.  I have a confession to make . . . I hate dislike phoning parents (not sure why, but I don't like having to phone. . . period).  I'd much rather talk to them in person or send them a quick email or text message.
 so there they are and now that I've written them down and they're floating around in cyberspace, I guess I'll have to keep them! LOL

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up, Monica! I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who hates talking on the phone! I would much rather talk in person or send notes/emails! :)

    Amanda
    Teaching Maddeness

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monica....you sound just like me! All 5 of your resolutions I can relate too! I have got numerous notebooks going all to keep me organized....a file box to keep my handouts organized....I pinned ideas to take pictures of my students....and the whole parent communication...I would rather write a note or email.
    Does this mean I have to add all these to my post now? Lol

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I share your resolution to maintain your blog this year! We can do it! :)

    Julie
    http://msshopesclass.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whew I need to copy and paste your entire list into mine LOL Good luck!!
    Gina
    Third Grade Tidbits

    ReplyDelete